29 January 2018
Ingredients for 4
4 medium beetroot, washed
50 ml olive oil
1 tablespoon hemp seed
50 ml soya sauce
½ fist of fresh coriander, washed and chopped
- Cut the beetroot into wedges. Drop into boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Remove, peel off the skin, drain and set aside.
- Transfer the beets to a bowl, add the olive oil then lay on a large roasting tray.
- Season with salt and milled black pepper and roast for 30 minutes approximately (200°C/400ºF/gas 6), turn on the tray occasionally for a more even finish.
- While the beets are cooking, zest the oranges and place in a small saucepan.
- Remove the skin and pith of the oranges, cut into segments and place in clean bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from each orange and add to the zest.
- Add the soya sauce, bring to the boil and reduce by half, allow to cool.
- When the beets are cooked, remove and allow to go cool.
- Once cold, toss the beets in with the orange zest dressing and segments.
- Season with salt and milled pepper and place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle over the hemp seed.
Credit to Chef Tony O'Reilly.
Check out our Food Prep collection if you are missing any kitchen tools and utensils to get your salads ready. You may also be interested in checking out our crockery and serving tools to serve your salads in style.
You may also like to read: