29 January 2018
Ingredients for 4
4 medium beetroot, washed
50 ml olive oil
1 tablespoon hemp seed
50 ml soya sauce
½ fist of fresh coriander, washed and chopped
- Cut the beetroot into wedges. Drop into boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Remove, peel off the skin, drain and set aside.
- Transfer the beets to a bowl, add the olive oil then lay on a large roasting tray.
- Season with salt and milled black pepper and roast for 30 minutes approximately (200°C/400ºF/gas 6), turn on the tray occasionally for a more even finish.
- While the beets are cooking, zest the oranges and place in a small saucepan.
- Remove the skin and pith of the oranges, cut into segments and place in clean bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from each orange and add to the zest.
- Add the soya sauce, bring to the boil and reduce by half, allow to cool.
- When the beets are cooked, remove and allow to go cool.
- Once cold, toss the beets in with the orange zest dressing and segments.
- Season with salt and milled pepper and place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle over the hemp seed.
Credit to Chef Tony O'Reilly.