27 January 2022
Fragrant and spiced, all cooked in one pan, this feast is the perfect way to show someone you care. The dish is quick to prepare but can be enjoyed over a long evening. It pairs perfectly with an off-dry Rose wine which acts as a foil to the chilli heat. And it tastes great as is or with a squeeze of lime to finish.
Chilli Rose Glazed Salmon, Crispy Potatoes & Broccoli with Nori & Sesame
For the salmon:
- 4 salmon fillets or one piece weighing approximately 800g
- 2 tbsp chilli oil with crispy pieces
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals
- 1 tbsp lime juice
For the crispy potatoes and nori brocolli:
- 650g small potatoes, cut into 3cm pieces, skin on
- 2 large red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g tenderstem broccoli
- 4 cloves garlic, skin on, left whole
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp nori flakes
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Lime wedges & coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Mix the chilli oil, soy, maple, rosewater, and lime in a shallow dish. Lay the salmon on top of the mix skin-side up and set aside to marinade.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a large Sautéuse Pan with the whole garlic. Heat over a medium heat until the smell is fragrant then tumble in the potatoes. Sauté for 5-8 minutes or until they begin to turn golden. Add the onion wedges and stir through.
- Pop the pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Then add the broccoli and mix through to coat with the oil. Roast 5 minutes more.
- Pop the salmon on top of the vegetables, skin side down and cover with the remaining marinade. Drizzle with the sesame oil and roast for 15 minutes more, or until only just cooked.
- Remove the pan from the oven and lay the salmon on a cutting board to carve. Sprinkle each piece with the dried rose petals.
- Stir the sesame seeds and nori through the vegetables and taste, add salt to your liking.
- Serve the salmon and vegetables at the table with the lime wedges for squeezing and coriander for a herbaceous sprinkle. Enjoy together for a deliciously special evening.
And for dessert, say it with something sweet. Try our Champagne & Cherry Cake with Torched Meringue - a stunning temptation that's sure to impress your valentine!