10 December 2021
‘Tis the season to sip hot chocolate and be merry! Enjoy this Mexican-inspired twist on the classic winter warmer.
Horchata Style Hot Chocolate Recipe
Total time: 10 minutes (plus infusing)
- 500ml Rice Milk
- 50g Almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks (Mexican are best)
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod, seeds scraped
- 1 strip Orange Peel
- 175g Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- Small Pinch Salt
- Whipped Cream, Marshmallows and Ground Cinnamon to serve
1. Add the Rice Milk to a saucepan with the almonds, cinnamon, vanilla pod and seeds, and orange peel. Bring to a boil and boil for 5-8 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
3. Add the milk back to the pan, along with the chocolate, salt and sugar. Heat over a medium-low heat whilst whisking until the chocolate and sugar have melted (do not boil).
4. Divide between cups and top with whipped cream, marshmallows and extra cinnamon if desired.
Discover the Double Walled Latte Glass to keep your hot chocolate toasty for longer.