01 September 2021
Lunch. That little moment of bliss midday. When we take a break from the daily grind and savour a refresh. But organising lunch the night before isn’t always a favoured task - and the same quick fixes, not so exciting.
Be reinspired to make your midday meals amazing with our duo of delectable recipes to prepare the evening before. Created with inspiring chef and recipe consultant Susie Morrison, these curiously colourful options are a delight to make and taste. Brimming with healthy ingredients, they’ll keep you energised for the afternoon ahead.
Our first serving is alive with Mexican flavours and comes with plenty of zing!...
SPAGHETTI, HABANERO SALSA ROJA COCIDA, CHARRED MACKEREL & LIME
Time to make: 40 minutes
400g dried spaghetti
2 fresh mackerel, gutted and filleted, pin bones removed
2 limes, halved
Fresh coriander, parmesan & cabbage salad to serve
Habanero Salsa Roja Cocida:
2 small onions, finely sliced
6 garlic cloves
1-2 habanero chillies
10 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
½ lime, juiced
1 tsp flaky salt
50ml olive oil
- Begin with the sauce. Heat a large 30cm Stellar Sauté Pan over a medium heat and add the tomatoes, garlic, chillies, and onions.
- Cook until lightly charred, soft, and forgiving. At this point, squeeze the garlic from the cloves into the tomatoes and pull the seeds out of the chillies if you want to reduce the heat.
- Transfer everything to a food processor or blender and pulse until just chunky, not too smooth. Mix in the salt, oil and lime and taste. Adjust the seasoning to your liking and set aside.
- Fill a large Stellar Saucepan half full with water and bring to a rolling boil, add a pinch of salt and the spaghetti, cook 2 minutes less than the pack instructions. Using tongs, lift the spaghetti, still with some cooking water clinging, into the sauce and mix to emulsify. Add a touch more starchy water if needs be.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp Stellar Santoku or Usuba knife, score just through the skin of the mackerel in diagonal strokes.
- Preheat the grill to high and pop the mackerel, skin side up and the halved limes, flesh side up on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Grill for 2 minutes, flip and grill 1 minute more, or until the flesh is opaque and the skin is lightly charred.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce, a mackerel fillet, and a charred lime wedge for squeezing over.
- Parmesan and coriander are optional but inspired!
Loved this lavish lunch? Don't forget to discover our second serving
In the meantime...
Sign up to our newsletter from our footer for inspiration straight to your inbox and 10% off your first order.