07 September 2021
Devour the next recipe in our duo of lavish lunches for a more exciting midday. Created with inspiring chef and recipe consultant Susie Morrison, this healthy choice will brighten up your lunch break and reinvigorate your afternoon!
For our second serving…a vibrant fusion of fresh flavours with a lively dressing. Make the evening before for a divine lunch the next day...
KING PRAWN BLACK RICE BOWL WITH AVOCADO & AGUACHILE VERDE
Time to make: 35 minutes
150g thai black rice
20 raw king prawns
½ small red cabbage
1 cucumber, cut into ribbons or chunks
Japanese kewpie mayonnaise to serve
Coriander, lime wedges & sesame seeds to serve
60g green jalapeno chillies
¼ cucumber, roughly chopped
10g ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled
50ml orange juice
50ml lemon juice
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tbsp fish sauce
- Half fill a medium Stellar Saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the rice and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse in plenty of cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, using a Stellar Usuba Knife, cut the cabbage into small pieces and prep the remaining vegetables. Leave the avocados until last minute so they do not oxidise.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking. Set aside while you cook the prawns.
- Heat a grill or Griddle Pan to high and grill the prawns until pink and just cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- When ready, peel and slice the avocados in half using a Usuba Knife. Cut into slices and lay half in each bowl. Add ¼ cooked rice to each bowl and 5 prawns. Drizzle with the dressing and serve the mayonnaise, herbs, and sesame on the side for finishing the dish to your liking.
Loved this lavish lunch? Don't forget to discover our first serving
And in the meantime...
Sign up to our newsletter from our footer for inspiration straight to your inbox and 25% off your first order.