24 October 2021
A mouth-watering meal doesn't have to mean a mountain of washing up. This one-pot sweet and spicy curry is a delicious and easy make for the whole family - keep it mild or heat it up to suit everyone's taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 3 tbsp of curry powder (use mild if you'd like to reduce the heat)
- 5 chicken legs
- 2 red onions, roughly sliced
- 1 thumb piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, roughly chopped
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 200ml of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
- 200g of mango pulp/purée
- Into a large bowl, add the curry powder along with enough oil so that you can make a paste. Add the chicken, coat and then place to one side. If you're making ahead, allow the chicken to marinate in the paste overnight for extra flavour.
- Place a Judge Stockpot over a high heat and brown the chicken on both sides, for around 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and leave to one side.
- Add the onions and ginger to the pot, season and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes or until the onions begin to soften.
- Return the chicken to the pot and pour over the coconut milk, stock, worcestershire sauce and add the peppers. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and pop the lid on. Simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Pour in the mango and mix. Serve with some rice and a few sliced chillies (if you'd like an extra kick), some coriander and a drizzle of mango puree.