07 December 2021
Full of mozzarella and dipped in tangy tomato, this gooey garlic dough tree makes a delicious centrepiece for your christmas buffet. Impress everyone at your party with the fun and festive recipe.
Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread
Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
For the dough:
- 450g bread flour + more for dusting
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 7g dried yeast
- 80g melted butter
- 250ml warm water or milk
- 1 pack of mozzarella pearls
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese
For the Garlic Butter:
- 100g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh parsley
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Start by preparing the dough. Mix the flour, sugar and instant yeast in a large bowl.
- Add in the melted butter and water/milk and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 4-5 minutes to activate the yeast. Form into a ball.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled large bowl and cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rise for 1 -2 hours until it doubles in size.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces and shape into discs.
- Fill each disc with a mozzarella pearl and pull up the side of the dough to encase the cheese.
- Place the prepared balls onto a baking tray in a festive tree shape.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let the dough rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 370ºF / 180ºC
- Brush the dough with egg wash.
- Bake the dough for 20-25 minutes until browned on top.
- In the meantime, prepare the garlic butter. Melt butter in a saucepan, add garlic and fresh parsley.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients together.
- Once the tree is baked, brush with the prepared garlic butter.
- Let the tree cool down for 10 minutes in a pan and then transfer onto a serving platter. Top with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese. Enjoy with everyone!