11 October 2018
Weigh 4 eggs and then add the same quantity of caster sugar, stork and self-raising flower
½ tsp of baking powder
50 g of chocolate chips
Zest of one orange
4 packs liquorice Catherine wheels for legs and mouths
Cut the wheels into legs, if it's warm drape over a rolling pin and cool in the fridge
Cut the colour centres into mouth piece
250g of readymade dark chocolate icing
Slice candy strips for eyes
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and line a muffin tin with 12 cases. Wwe used the Judge muffin tins.
- Put the butter, sugar, flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Break the eggs into a smaller bowl, then pour on top of the butter mixture.
- Beat with an electric hand whisk until smooth and creamy. We used the Judge stand mixer.
- Stir in the chocolate chops and orange zest.
- Spoon the cake mixture evenly into the cases and bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate the cakes, ice the bodies, unravel the liquorice wheels and cut into lengths with scissors to make dangly legs. Stick 8 into the top of each cake, we used a cocktail stick to help to insert.
- Finish the candy stick eyes and liquorice all sort mouths to complete the spooky cakes.
Watch recipe video here.
Credit to Pam Ballone - PBM Marketing.